It’s *finally* cooling down outside! I know I’m in the minority, but my ideal day is about 60 and sunny outside, and not a degree warmer. Cooler temps help chocolate not melt in your hand, which is why you should take this recipe for a spin.
For the filling:
– 6 Dried & Pitted Dates
– 6 Dried Figs
– 1/4 cup Whole Hazelnuts
– 1/2 cup Almond Butter
– 1/2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
– 1 tbsp Coconut Crystals
– 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
– 1 pinch of Salt
Coating: 1-1/4 cup Enjoy Life DARK CHOCOLATE Morsels (I can’t tell you how excited I was to see these in the grocery store.)
Helpful supplies: Mini silicone baking cups
1) In a food processor, chop the Dates, Figs and Hazelnuts until they’re as fine as they are going to get. They won’t get all the way down to a meal. Just chop until you give up hope, then move on.
2) Add in the Almond Butter, followed by the Vanilla Extract, Coconut Crystals, Cocoa Powder & Salt. Mix in the food processor until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
3) Take 1/2 tbsp portions of the mixture, and mold them into small patties. Freeze for at least an hour before moving on.
4) Carefully melt the Enjoy Life Chips, either over a double boiler or in the microwave.
5) Dip each patty in the melted chocolate, it’s okay if there’s a thick coating. Put each one into a silicone baking cup, letting the extra chocolate mold itself into cute little cup form.
6) Back in the fridge they go to harden!
They may be a labor of love, but they won over the family last time I made them for a party. Then I forgot the handful that were left over at Mom’s house. At least someone got to enjoy them.
Happy hump day people! Can someone please tell me how we are already almost half way through October?!? I mean I’m absolutely excited for Barbells For Boobs and all but still . . . . time needs to take a chill pill! Speaking of Barbells For Boobs, today (Wednesday, October 12th) is the LAST DAY TO REGISTER IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE A SHIRT! If you haven’t registered already get that squat booty moving and register here! Over half of the available spots are already sold out.
Also, cannot forget our upcoming Open House being held on Saturday, October 29th from 11 AM to 1 PM. Check out our flyer below! Be sure to tell all friends and family members interested in joining Crossfit or even just those who want to know more about the things you love.
Also keep in mind that the Fall competition season is upon us in full swing! Here are a few coming up:
Branford Crossfit’s WOD UP! 2016 Competition – Saturday, November 12th
Misfit Toys Throwdown – Saturday, December 3rd
Sign up today for B4B fundraiser today – space is limited!
Also October 29th we are having an open house for all your friends and family and/or all those that are interested in CrossFit for the first time – come down and check out what we have to offer