Today’s the day! Today’s the last day you can write ‘2015’ in today’s date and not have to scribble it out and put down ’16’ (which I will totally be doing for the next 30 days). Seeing that tonight is likely many of our last hurrah on eating and drinking all sorts of junk food, here’s a dinner recipe for you to try in this new year when you’re in the mood for something a little on the fancier side.
For the Fish:
– 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
– 1 tbsp Flavor God Lemon Garlic Seasoning
– 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
– 1 Egg, whisked
– 1 Filet Tilapia
For the Sauce:
– 1 tbsp Kerrygold Butter
– 1 tsp Minced Garlic
– Juice of 1/2 Lemon
– 1/4 White Wine
– 4-6 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Optional (Yet Recommended) Garnish:
– Shaved Pecorino/Romano
– Fresh Arugula
1) In a skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-ish heat.
2) Mix the dry ingredients in a shallow dinner plate.
3) Pat the tilapia filet dry with a paper towel, so the egg wash will stick.
Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan over a burner set on Low heat. Let simmer while you’re preparing the fish. Stir occasionally.
4) Coat the filet in egg, then dredge through the flour/seasoning mixture.
5) Next, pan fry the tilapia. Should be 3-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the filet.
6) Once the fish has been cooked, drizzle the sauce & tomatoes over the filets, topping with as much arugula and cheese shavings as you’d like.
Boom. Fancy fish.