Were you beginning to wonder if I was capable of publishing a recipe that didn’t include bacon? Seeing that you’ve probably already pilfered the good stuff from your kids’ halloween haul, your sweet tooth may be in need of something new that comes accompanied by a little less guilt. So, this week we take a walk on the sweeter side.
Heads up, these will need appropriate chill time in the fridge, so they’re not something to snack on immediately. Make now, #treatyoself later. Now let’s get down to business. MOVE ON OVER, RUSSELL STOVER.
Vanilla Almond Butter Truffles
For the Filling:
- 6 Pitted Dates
- 6 Dried Figs
- 1/2 cup Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Dried Coconut Flakes
- 3 tbsp Almond Flour
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Pinches of Salt
For the Coating:
1) In a food processor, pulse the Figs & Dates together until they’ve broken down into fairly small pieces. When you’ve given up hope on the pieces getting any smaller, move on to the next step.
2) Time to mix in both the Almond Butter and Coconut Flakes.
(If you don’t have Justin’s on hand, feel free to substitute plain Almond Butter and add in some pure vanilla extract to get the same flavor. I won’t judge. As delicious as Justin’s is, that -ish is EXPENSIVE. The only reason it’s in my kitchen is because Whole Foods actually had it on sale at the time I created this recipe.)
3) Lastly, incorporate the flours and salt. You want the mixture to be somewhat dry, but somewhat sticky all at the same time. Think… like the inside of a Reese’s PB Cup.
4) Roll tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture into little balls and place onto a wax-papered cookie sheet. Feel free to flatten them a little. This means more surface area later for chocolate!
5) Chill in freezer for at least an hour.
[Cue hourlong loop of Jeopardy theme]
6) In the microwave, melt the Enjoy Life Chocolate. Then smother each piece in chocolate. 1 cup of Mega Chunks got me by for the 14 truffles
7) Return to cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator until the chocolate coating hardens.
*Overnight chill the candies in the fridge period passes*
OH MY GOD THESE THINGS ARE AMAZEBALLS. I want to eat them all.