I think I used all the energy I usually have for an opening stanza of witty banter on Jack tonight. That WOD has me scared to try washing my hair later. For those of you who have hung in there the first 3 days this week, make yourself a batch of these. They’re paleo, and you’ve earned them!
Hazelnut Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-3/4 cups Almond Flour
3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1-1/2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Hazelnuts, finely chopped
3/4 cup Coconut Crystals
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
2 Eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
Note: You’ll need some parchment paper for the dough-chilling part of this recipe.
- In a mixer, combine all dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, hazelnuts, cocoa powder and coconut crystals.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the coconut oil, eggs and vanilla, mixing to combine after each addition. Add the chocolate chips (It helps to gently toss them in coconut flour first) to the cookie dough, and mix to combine. The dough will be pretty soft.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, shape the dough into a log just like you’d buy from the grocery store when you used to think Pillsbury slice & bake cookies were a good idea. Roll tightly and chill in the freezer for at least 10min to firm up the dough.
- Heat your oven to 325°F. When the oven is ready, take the dough out of the freezer.
- Slice into 16 cookies, which will be approximately 1/2″ thick.
- Bake until lightly golden brown all over and set all the way to the center (12 to 14 minutes). Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet until firm (at least 10 minutes) before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Letting them set for 10 minutes is pretty important, so PAWS OFF for at least that long before you begin your endeavor to polish off the whole tray. Do the dishes or something.